Monday, April 21, 2008

[Fun] Birthday Party

Today is another sunny day, but sadly I have no plans!!! I nearly finish all the points of interest listed in traveler's guide. Well, SF is not so big, you know.

A friend called in the morning and invited me to the birthday party of her classmate.
I didn't think before saying yes. How wonderful! an"American Party", even I knew none of her friends, I was excited.

It's a semi-formal party and it took place in a fabulous apartment in Mission owned by the birthday star(John). Average age of the guests is around 30. I was no doubt the youngest and I was wearing my Paul Frank Monkey T-shirt and Levis' Jeans.
American party is always with alcohol, so was today. There were Champagne, Punch and Rose. What's special was food and drink were served by the caterer. Just like in the movie, guests are busy talking and socializing while waiter serving snacks and alcohol. It felt so unreal, how many times in my life could I attend party like this? And there were so many friendly gay people present. I felt comfortable among them and I felt happy for them.

Food was also incredible today: polenta with glazed onion, endive with goat cheese & fig, roast beef sandwich, cheese plate, and crabcake. I couldn't stop appreciating John's elaboration and wonderful taste. Quite amazing that I never felt awkward for a second, even I just met him today.

I shall never forget today. Such a great experience. Hope I can have this kind of party when I turn 30 :-)

No comments:

 

Website Hit Counter
Online Computer Shop