Friday, April 18, 2008

[Update] OR

Things are getting better, at least in this week.
But I still try to avoid my director. I haven't seen him for a week, which is great!

Tuesday and Thursday are OR day. It's all because of the stupid insurance, I am not allowed to do anything invasive. It actually depends on who I work with, like today, my resident let me do pre-oxygenation, OG tube and Oral/Nasal thermometer. But sometimes I can only watch.
To be honest, you never learn by watching, so even I was in OR for the past two weeks, I'm still kinda messy today.

There are more and more people chatting with me from this week. After three weeks in pre-op clinic, OR and ICU, I'm not a stranger anymore and I feel happy.
But when I just start to blend in, it's time to leave.

one more thing still bothers me is that I cannot "empathize" US patients.
Mt. Zion is a cancer hospital. Most of the surgeries are cancer related and patients usually are not doing good. But I don't feel anything after knowing their stories.

Quick note:
1) know the dose/concentration of each formula before medicating pt
2) skills of drawing drugs and opening ample (snap it)
3) second gas effect of N2O(Nitrous oxide): early wash in/out, less cardiosupression

No comments:

 

Website Hit Counter
Online Computer Shop