Monday, March 31, 2008

[Fun] the wine country in California










Another sunny day in Bay area, so we decided to visit Wine country!
We actually stopped at Muir woods first to have a healthy forest walk, and then head to the wine country. As usual, I didn't do any homework before the trip. Everything would be random.

Sonoma was our first stop. It turned out to be a good choice because there are several famous wineries around. We visited Sebastiani (the largest one) and Buena Vista (the oldest one).
Wine tasting costs 5 dollars or more, depending on different selections. The fee is waved once you purchase any one bottle.
I remember I've seen Sebastiani somewhere, but Buena Vista is totally new for me.

I tried white wine first. Chardonnay is my favorite. It's fruity, refreshing, sweet but sometimes crisp. It goes well with light meal or alone.
Surprisingly, I had a great time tasting red wine today. I don't like red wine so much because it's too "alcohol" to me. But today in Buena Vista I actually felt smoky, nutty, strawberry, plum, and even the aftertaste of it. Amazing! just like when I have specialty coffee, I can feel different characters of coffee beans, and they are not just only caffeine drink.

If I have to choose, I'll recommend "Buena Vista" and suggest the 10-dollar tasting. It definitely worths the money, but I believe you'll get one bottle after tasting.

Wine is good, Scenery is good, probably food is good! It's just one hour drive from SF downtown. I envy the people here.

No comments:

 

Website Hit Counter
Online Computer Shop